Thursday, July 10, 2008

Second Impression of Lively Same as the First

SLers, if you want to appreciate SL more, just head on over to Lively. We bitch and moan, but SL's platform still allows for a freedom you don't get in other places. I thought I'd take a look again today to see if my first impression had changed (No) and made a room just for the heck of it...I thought I'd explore and also visited a "Forest Room". In a way, everything kind of reminds me of being a noob in Ahern and everyone walking around and bumping into one another and griping and playing with gestures. But in SL, I knew there were interesting things to do once I got off the Island. Something funny though...this is a world where for the most part customization of one's AV is very limited, yet one guy told the blonde in the center, "Look around! You're the prettiest chick in here!" I couldn't stop laughing to myself over that as I imagined a SL bling and bimbo culture there too before popping away to...
...the Linden Lab room. Pathfinder Linden set up a LL room and folks were there hanging out and comparing SL to Lively. Right now, there isn't a true comparison. Oh, unless someone knows how, I didn't see a "Snapshot" function. These are screenshots I took and cropped in Photoshop. The controls are ugh, there is no content creation, and really...what is there to do? Hey, it'll be interesting to see how/if it evolves...

No comments: