Saturday, July 19, 2008

SL Relay for Life 2008: The Teams

Last year was a very hard one for me. My mother was going through cancer treatments for Stage III breast cancer and my close friend Robert told me that he had Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He told me in a busy place thinking it'd keep me calmer. It didn't. I sat there crying in front of a whole restaurant. I am happy to say that I am lucky. My mom is in remission and my friend is doing well. So this year, I was able to do the Survivor/Caregiver lap and I did it thinking of them...

En route, I stopped in front of my home team of Steelhead...
And was touched by the large turnout by the Purple Tears team. I had to stop at one point and get myself together as it meant so much to me to have folks lined up along the way and be cheered on like that...

I walked around with CoyoteAngel Dimsum, the duchess of Caledon Primverness, again this year. You can see my lap tally of 7869.2 m. I would go on to do over 20K m before it was all over...Which made Viderian Vollmar's over 300K m laps (wow!) really impressive! After my lap I went by the Caledon site to cheer him on as he began. Go pony GO!Afterwards, I joined my actual RFL team, Elizabeth Blackwell in cheering folks on. Led by Otenth Paderborn, Elizabeth Blackwell was the first female medical doctor in the U.S.I want to thank everyone so much for their support, whether it was giving or participating. Being here inworld helped me to cope and I love the concept of using a virtual world to help make a difference in the real one. I know SL Relay for Life can seem almost endless sometimes to some, but it is an end result that is worth it as your support helped raise $53,310,098 Lindens, which is roughly over $197K USD!

No comments: