Monday, November 3, 2008

Where to be a Dark Elf/Drow in SL

Alright, I love being a dark elf in SL as it fits me very well personality-wise. Could I be a mean, arrogant, Spider Queen worshipping, snake-whip wielding, white-haired beauty hell-bent on cruelty and deceit? Hell yes, as a drow I can be! It's probably the only RP outside of Victorian/Steampunk that I'd truly like to learn more about and become more active in, that is...if I ever figure out the SpellFire system.

I thought I'd explore the dark elf/drow RP areas inworld and see what was out there. I know I'm probably missing some sims and I'll be adding to this list as I find more drow-appropriate places. If you are a member of one of these communities and would like folks to know more, please IM or drop a notecard to me inworld. As in all RP sims, take the time to read their rules, have at least a basic back story, and don't be a pain to the existing RPers...

Valsharen
Houses: 6, most powerful ruled by Ilharess Rilyn'Afin
Deity: Lolth/Lloth
Meter System: DCS2
Teleport HERE. The big red crystal is the TP system. Choose "Dark Realm." Walk up the stairs when you arrive.
Danger and beautiful places among the caverns. I love the mushrooms there...

Thraldom
Houses: 2
Faith: Lolth/Lloth
Meter System: Spell Fire
Teleport HERE. Take the purple TP pad under the swirls to "Underdark" to see it.
You can also explore the sim in general. I think they are having a Grand Melee fight tournament here soon. Oooo...

Avilion Isle--L'Renden Forest
Houses: Unknown to me
Faith: Eilistraee
Meter System: SpellFire
Teleport HERE
The drow of Avilion are Eilistraee followers and have made peace with the fae and other elves present there. The L'Renden Forest is beautiful, with its darkness and moonlit areas. You may read more about them here.

Dartagnon/RaghallachHouses: One (as far as I know), as it is a group of refugee drow
Deity: Multiple deities
Meter System: SpellFire (color green)
Teleport HERE
They have an entire Underdark sim. I really wanted to see it, but I think access was restricted so I couldn't explore it to tell you more it.

Ravenscraig/KaramoonHouses: Unknown to me
Deity: Unknown
Meter System: BNJ RPS
Teleport HERE
Drow are one of the races here. Ravenscraig also offers a RP class in Ravens Nest. The Dark Lord of Karamoon invited me to stop by his keep and say hello. I'll take him up on it if he's ever in.

Terabithia
Houses: One--Agaden
Deity: Lolth/Lloth
Meter System: SpellFire (color red)
Teleport HERE
It is one of the main temple of Lloth locations and has a fantastic underdark region.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ever tried ARGOTH ? :))

Eladrienne Laval said...

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Zara and I wanted to thank you for showing some of the great Drow places in sl. I myself rule (or ruled when I played) the Drow caves of Karamoon. I'm also a daughter of House Kil'ndar in Thraldom. Thank you so very much for the kudos. If I ever get back in world I'd love to give you a tour of my sl homes. Best wishes.
Z

Eladrienne Laval said...

Vedui!

Thank you for the invitation and yes, I would enjoy a tour of your SL homes. Definitely let me know. Goddess guard you.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Grendel one of the admins in Ravenscraig, as well as Ilharess of the new Ravenscraig drow house,Nindyn Vel'uss Lac, there's another small house in Karamoon, Ahruvael, it's currently ruled by Nethya, thi nk it's great you've listed some of the great drow places :)