Thursday, September 11, 2008

All My Builds...So Far

I love to build...structures in particular, although due to space limitations, I don't get to do it as often as I'd like although I'm quite the architecture fan. Here is a listing of all of my major build projects so far. I'll keep updating this list as I do new ones:

Vista del Mar I: The Moorings
The house on the left was inspired by L. Mies van der Rohe and Philip Johnson's international style...
Vista del Mar II: Las Olas
Same inspiration as before, but also traditional Japanese architecture as well. The environment itself with the water inspired the namesake "waves" on the roof. I also retained the green roof...
E.Laval & Inkyboy Gallery, Caledon Regency
Inspired by the Carson Pirie Scott building in Chicago with its cast iron round tower, although the facade itself is from a photo Gryffin took of the Santa Fe building that I tweaked...
Trenton House, Caledon On Sea
Sin retextured the window/siding to one with less windows, but the structure and front display textures are unchanged. He wanted a very simple low-prim house that resembled a Colonial-style seafarer's home that predated the "later" Victorian styles...
Laval Point, Steelhead Harborside
Steelhead is based upon 19th c. Oregon, and I had an irregularly shaped lot. The lighthouse is based upon the RL Yaquina Bay lighthouse, built in 1871 in Newport, OR, and the oldest lighthouse in Oregon...
Tower of Industrial Judgement, Rezzable Garden of NPIRL Delights festival, 2008 (w/Kheph Enoch)
I really enjoyed making this build with Kheph. We had way too much fun and it was beautiful...
Steelhead Museum of Historic Preservation
A pet project of mine, it is based upon the 1897 Antelope Community Church in Antelope, OR...Steelhead Post Office: Harborside Station
Based upon the Martinson Cabin Museum in Poulsbo, WA...Steelhead Navy Headquarters and Columbia River Tackle Shop
Based upon Cannery Row in Monterey, CA...

No comments: