Saturday, July 12, 2008

Chariots of Tiny Fire: Raglan Tiny Olympics!

The Raglan Shire Tiny Olympics kicked off today with a torch lighting cermony. I got my fluffy-tailed self into my torch relay runner uniform and headed over. Excitement was in the air! I got the torch handoff and went running...At one point it was so cool to see the last runners coming into Raglan, following by a huge group of tinies cheering them along and running with them! After being handed the torch by Violet Faulds, whose dad was a RL torch relayer in 1984, Zayn lit the torch! The games are officially open!
Here I am posing with my torch...
...and in front of the main flame!
Here's a group shot of almost all of the torch runners. Organizer Teal Freenote said trying to assemble the pic was harder than herding cats...

No comments: