Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Farewell Steelhead

At tonight's Steelhead town meeting, Lunar announced that due to RL circumstances he will be closing all of Steelhead's sims by the end of this month...
I had seen this coming. Knew it. But it still didn't make hearing it any easier. I walked back to Harborside as I have done after meetings for years...
I have spoken so many times of the ephemerality of SL. This was my virtual home. This was where I came back to when I returned. So many years. So many memories. I took down everything and afterwards, just sat on a box at Laval Point with a pic of my original home on it. I just wanted to sit there for a while...
I know it was a very hard decision for Lunar to close down and by default, close a community. I stood and watched one of my most favorite things in Steelhead: the sun rising from off of the bridge.
Farewell Steelhead.


No comments: