Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Abandon Hope...

Tonight, I thought I'd tackle the Dante Project, a SL interactive experience representing the 9 circles of Hell of Dante's "Inferno" and one of the best representations of how SL can be used for educational purposes. Literature brought to life...Of course, I brought my fave green demon Puck along with me for the mayhem. "Abandon Hope all ye who enter here" the gate said. Of course that meant go in!
The sign is self-explanatory. I was somehow excited about being able to do so...
I'm either floating in the river Styx or boiling blood. Mr Aligheri really did have some novel punishments and you could tell a lot of folks really ticked him off. I was surprised at how much I remembered about the poem. We did make it to the 9th circle. I was so disappointed that the Beast himself wasn't there encased in ice, but they are just wrapping up a contest to have him created, so I'll let you know!

No comments: