Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yoa Ogee Avatars and Roaming Extropia Core

I loved creator Yoa Ogee's installation at the NPIRL Garden and had a great time stocking up on the fun, inventive avatars at Yoa's shop such as this tiny steampunky hovering hamster...I wore one of Yoa's avatars, and feeling very "Sputnik"-like, I thought Extropia would be the best place to explore in it! The architecture and feel's a bright shiny positivity, so different from the dystopic, post-apoc feel of a lot of future sims...
I paused at the Gort statue ("The Day the Earth Stood Still")...peace and robots...
And talked to Extropia's co-founder Vidal Tripsa about Extropia's vision and I enjoyed her hover device...
I realized it was my first time meeting her and switched over to my steampunk cyborg kitty look. She switched looks too and was wearing a very interesting training corset that reacts in terms of how long it's worn. I had a really nice time in Extropia. Visit if you get the chance...even if it's in "Sputnik" form...

No comments: