Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Elle's First Year: A Place Called Home

When I first started SL, I almost scoffed at the idea of owning home. It all seemed so ridiculous to me then, especially since I was an explorer--never in one place at one time. But after a while, having a quiet place to chill, have friends over and work on things started sounding appealing, so in March '07, I rented a little 512 on an island called Digital Nirvana. It was for me. On a corner at the water, gorgeous sunsets, water to swim and dive into, a hot neighbor...I was happy there...Then in April '07, Thom decided he wanted a void sim and offered me his tropical island land for the princely sum of 1L each. He originally named the parcels Sea Point View and the Moorings. While I kept "The Moorings" as the name of the gardens, I changed the other to "Vista del Mar" and that has been my principal home in SL ever since. It is also my first major build in SL, and I love it. I am familiar with every inch and love its privacy and beauty...In Caledon, while I own land for my shops, I only maintain apartments above my Regency shop, where I work on clothing, chat, maintain my servers. I think it's beautiful...
And then, there is Laval Point in Steelhead Harborside...*sighs dreamily* I love it...love it...love it...so nice to have a place called home...

No comments: