Sunday, July 19, 2009

SL Relay for Life: Overnight

There was a special luminaria ceremony around midnight my time. We quietly sat at the campsite as the sims were all darkened as dedications were read for survivors and those lost over the main radio...
I don't know. Towards the end of it, something in me triggered...snapped a bit. I have been truly thankful for my mother's recovery and remission of almost 2 years now, but this knot of pain surfaced and all I wanted to do was run. Me, who in RL believes that I'm running only for if I am being chased, needed to. I needed to run. I got out on that track and didn't stop again for another 7 hours. I even changed my look such as being fae for a while after the magickal beings lap.. Lunar joined me at one point towards the end and we did the last few laps that that we could that evening together, as birds (he's the peacock, I'm the eagle)...And even snow leopards. By then I was so half-crazy with sleep that I imagined chasing people (like Wrath Constantine, who is the bunny up ahead) to keep me going...We finished out finally around 7 am my time (4 am SLT) back at the Steelhead campsite where Fuzz, in his Fuzzwolf form, was there to greet us. Caledon's Vicereine, and builder of the stunning RFL Metropolis sim, also joined us as all tired kitties laid down on the track in front...
The pedometer's not my final lap meters as I had to restart it a few times due to crashing. It wasn't about competition of any sort or anything, but supporting those who need it. For what it is all worth, I am glad that I did this. I just felt like I needed to run. This was for my Mom and Robert, and in the memory of Rose and for Uncle Jack. I love you all.

No comments: