Friday, January 30, 2009

Masks and Mirrors

Tonight's themed dance in Steelhead was a masquerade ball complete with a crashed chandelier and masked gentlemen and ladies with names like the "Red Death" and "Black Fox". I, the "Mysterious Lady" survived a dance with Death and a black-haired Lunar as well, although I was quite content to stand to the side, fluttering my gold spangled fan...
A dress and hair that big takes much time to prepare, so I was in no rush to get out of the ensemble right away afterwards. Where else could you look like that and be normal? Why, Versailles, of course! It had been over a year since my last visit. This time I really took time exploring the Chateau itself. I felt as if men with powdered white wigs and satin finery should be flattering me and currying my favor with silken words as I batted my eyes from behind my fan in one hand and bonbon treats in the other...And then there was the lovely Hall of Mirrors...where are my bonbons, I say?!

No comments: