Monday, February 12, 2007

SL Challenging Architecture Notions

One of the reasons that I love SL is that I really love to build. I'm so excited about that and I'm still learning and practicing, but I love architecture and the possibilities of building in SL are relatively limitless. There are no constraints in terms of weather or materials. If you can dream it and your building skills can execute those dreams, then you can make some interesting builds. I love how the concepts of space and necessity are different. You can fly into your home and teleport between floors. It never rains or snows (unless you want it to, lol), so do you really need roofs and stairs?

I like how what we think of as standard architecture that we are comfortable with is challenged in this world. It's one of the most fascinating things about SL to me. There's a place for those who wants to have a futuristic home as well as those who want a comfort home away from home in SL.

This is one of the things that I love about it...

No comments: